Seriously, we have always thought cheesecake is one of the best desserts ever! You know, things can be complicated with cakes in general. Say you are celebrating a birthday. If some of your guests like chocolate and others another type of cake, it can cause you a headache. However, the majority of people are perfectly happy with cheesecake, so you don’t have to spend hours looking for different cakes to satisfy different guest’s needs. Plus, there are so many different types of cheesecake that it is virtually impossible to say that you don’t like it.
One cheesecake that recently drew our attention is churro cheesecake. Yes, you read correctly! These are wonderful cinnamony, crunchy churros filled with delicious cream cheese filling. It brings together the great flavors of churros and cheesecake in one easy-to-make and delicious dessert.
Reason to Like Churro Cheesecake
Ah, if there was just one it would be simple. Let’s say that the buttery crust, creamy filling, and cinnamon sugar make this cake simply irresistible. Also, combining two delicious desserts into one is always a good idea. Now as you know, it is not always simple to find a suitable cheesecake recipe. And even if you do, you might struggle to make it well for the first few times. With these cream-filled churros, the station is different as it is incredibly easy to make.
How to Make Churro Cheesecake
As we mentioned, we love both churros and cheesecake, hence it is not surprising that this cake is an absolute hit for us. Making cheesecake can be complex sometimes, but we have to say that we got used to it over the years. Making churros, however, is a wholly different story. We will only tell you that we tried it once, and it was such a disaster that it never crossed my mind to give it a second chance. Fortunately, for the crust, you don’t need to make them. Now we will go over all ingredients that you need and the steps to make the cake. FYI – in this section, we will discuss the process. The recipe with exact measures will be e at the end of the text.
What You Need for Mexican Churro Cheesecake
As we already said, this is one of the easiest cheesecake recipes. Here are the ingredients you will need.
• Crescent rolls. Keep them in the fridge before using them.
• Cream cheese. Unlike the rolls, cheese should be at room temperature because it will be easier to blend.
• One large egg.
• Granulated white sugar.
• Cinnamon powder. Any cinnamon will do, but in our experience, Ceylon is the best.
• Maple syrup. We advise you to use real maple syrup and not the imitations. If you don’t have it use vanilla extract.
• Nutmeg. It gives a bit of extra flavor. However, if you don’t have it on hand, the cake will turn out just fine without it.
How to Lay the Dough Crust for the Churro Cheesecake Recipe
We will say it again – this is one of the easiest cheesecakes to make. Here is what you need to do.
• Preheat the oven.
• Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Take a bit and sprinkle it over the baking pan.
• Take a roll of crescent dough and press it into the pan on top of the sugar-cinnamon mixture. This part can be challenging. The thing is that you need to lay the dough across the upper end of the pan, while the dough is still rolled. Then you have to unroll it slowly towards the lower end. If the dough is bigger than your pan, you can roll or cut the ends.
Layering the Churro Cheesecake
• Now you are ready to prepare the cheese feeling. We will remind you here to make sure that the cheese is at room temperature. Otherwise, it may take more time to blend. Add egg and maple syrup or vanilla extract and combine to get a consistent mixture.
• Spread the cheese churro filling over the crescent roll dough and cover it with another roll. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon and nutmeg mixture.
• Put it in the oven.
Same as churro pillow cake, this dessert can be served both cold and warm. It all depends on your preference. Either way, we prefer to wait for some time before serving or putting it in the fridge.
Churro Cheese Cake Ingredients
• Two 8 ounce cans of crescent rolls.
• Two 8 ounce packages of cream cheese.
• One egg.
• 1 ¾ cups of white sugar.
• 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon.
• 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg.
We are at the end of our churro cheesecake recipe! No matter how much you like cheesecake, it is hard to deny that making it sometimes causes a lot of frustration. However, as you have seen with this recipe it is not the case. We hope you will enjoy these scrumptious cheesecake bars with your friends and family!